Tuesday 18 January 2011

Story time, boys and girls

I'm bored. 
It's exactly 02:06 here and I am not tired (That and my bed is covered with most of my possessions and I'm too lazy to clear them off) so I thought I'd write up a blog and tell you a story. This story is called "The Time I pulled twice on a bloody cold Train". 
I don't care what your definition of "Pulling" is! I pulled twice! My Blog, MY RULES! 
Anyway!
We begin our story in Halifax. For those of you who don't where that is, it one of those many cities that's one claim to fame is "Yeah...it's close to Leeds." I was on a train headed there (not the train I pulled on) to meet a mate before embarking on a journey up to Glasgow to see someone else. I was running late, so rather then let Dad drive me to Leeds, I jumped on a Train to Leeds (see, smart!). 

So I arrived in Leeds (yay) still in my work clothes because I was running late. I met my Friend, and we eventually found our train. 
It looked like a Death Trap. 
And when we got on, we discovered our first impressions were fairly accurate. 
It was cold, it was rickety and to this day, I'm convinced that those doors never actually locked. According to the ticket, we were going to be on this Train for about two or three hours, and every seat was taken, so I stood by the door (possibly due to a subconscious death wish) and spent my time ignoring my friend bitching about the train's less then ideal conditions with my iPod. 
Then something grabbed my little finger! 
I turned to look at the source of the offender, and saw a wee baby. (No, this baby is not who I pulled!) The baby was wrapped up in a blanket, being held by a fairly attractive woman in her late twenties or early thirties. We started chatting and chatting lead to flirting. 
Successful Pull One
Some stops later, she gave me a peck on the cheek and got off the train, waving goodbye to me from the window. 
Then a Gothic Looking Girl came over. People who know will know that I have a slight goth fetish. For some reason, I find them completely irresistable. If you want to do something stupid, come up to me looking SLIGHTLY Gothic (IE just wear black) and I will probably attempt to tame a Lion...with a stick and a chilli. She smiled at me, and I smiled back. 
Then she mentioned that she'd seen me with the baby and thought I looked cute (especially in my trench coat, which was hiding my Nurse's uniform). Instantly, I was ready to hand over all my worldly possessions to this woman. We chatted for a bit (I was still ignoring my mate) and thanks to living with one of my best friends and watching him play Obivilon for HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS, I managed to bluff my way through the Elder Scroll section. Basically, we chatted and it was surprisingly easy (This day boosted my confidence immensely). 
Then I made the fatal mistake. 
(No, I didn't kill her). Her stop came up, and she got off. No kiss on the cheek this time, but she did wave at me from the window and I waved back/
and I did nothing. 
Later, I realized I'd forgotten to ask for her number (or her name, come to think of it). Rookie Mistakes I've vowed never to repeat. 
Eventually, we got on a safe train (it was warm), we got seats and made it to Glasgow (where it was FREEZING!). I had a brilliant weekend, but I kept thinking of that Girl. 
To this day, when I'm down in the dumps, I remind myself of most (Save the rookie mistakes part) of that story and I always feel better. 
Hope you enjoyed that, and if you didn't, why did you read it all?
Idiots. 

1 comment: